Primary conditions and criteria
The committee has prepared a framework of conditions and criteria for the proposal assessments. This analysis framework includes three primary conditions and four criteria.
The three primary conditions are:
- Public value: the public benefits of the project outweigh the costs
- Surplus value of the government: without the Growth Fund companies or authorities would not be able to implement the project.
- Government role. the project is of national interest so a government contribution is logical.
The four criteria are:
- Positive effect on the Gross Domestic Product (economic growth, expressed in per capita GDP): the contribution to the structural earning capacity of the Netherlands in proportion to the requested investment.
- Strategic basis of the objectives, the extent of improvement and connection with the growth potential, international challenges and transitions of society.
- The quality of the project plan: coherence and detail (including milestones, evaluation, result indicators and risk analysis), practical and financial feasibility..
- The quality of cooperation and governance: the experience of the applicants, a clear cooperation and decision-making structure, and detailed commitments of the parties involved.
The results of the first assessment round were published in April 2021, Please find a press release about this publication.